Automotive Quality Manager
Sorry, this job has expired.
Unique Fabricating is now hiring an Automotive Quality Manager.
In this position you will be expected to provide quality and engineering capabilities to improve AQP, PPAP, process, and quality support activities.
• BS or Master's degree in Engineering
• Previous proven experience as quality engineer/manager or equivalent position in an automotive manufacturing environment.
• Background/experience working in a Tier 1/Japanese/OEM environment preferred.
• Proficient computer experience (MS Office Word, Excel, PPT), Auto Cad, and SPC software networks.
• TS/ISO 16949 compliance knowledge and experience required.
• Must be knowledgeable of and comply with company Quality/Environmental System and procedures, work instructions, and policies applicable to daily work activities.
• Must have knowledge and experience with Change Point Control, 4M's, TPS, and automotive quality requirements.
• Must have knowledge of SPC, basic blueprint reading, PPAP process, Statistical Process Control Methods.
• Provide AQP interface for Unique South.
• Field customer complaints over the phone and on site.
• Work with customer on disposition, sorting, rework, etc. of parts.
• Initiate the quality bulletin, distribute and maintain follow-up.
• Issue and maintain return authorization numbers.
• Check customer quality system and take appropriate action.
• Provide manufacturing facilities with quality engineering/management support.
• Assist in performing plant trial runs.
• Perform capability studies.
• Provide technical support to sales and/or customers.
• Develop and maintain PFMEA masters.
• Develop and maintain Process Control Plans and Process Flow Chart masters.
• Maintain packaging requirements for customers.
• Resolve quality and/or process issues using problem solving techniques.
• Review tooling notices/QPR’s/Change Notices and follow up as necessary.
• Assist/handle supplier quality issues.
• Assimilate data from production work orders to measure productivity gains.
• Maintain PPAP files.
• Attend production and applicable meetings regarding customer concerns/quality issues.
• Coordinate data collection and defect analysis for PPM Report.
• Process CP and CPK analysis received from QA personnel and issue new charts with current results.
• Initiate problem solving team program savings as necessary.
• Initiate meetings regarding quality concerns.
• Acquire product data, certifications, or any supplier data and documentation.
• Conduct customer visits.
• Initiate internal laboratory testing.
• Conduct time motion studies to improve efficiency
• Ability to initiate, maintain and follow-up on customer complaints.
• Ability to read and understand Quality Assurance Manual and Procedures.
• Ability to coordinate data collection.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be flexible, able to multi-task, work well under pressure, and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please apply today.
Unique is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.