Molding Products Engineer
Sorry, this job has expired.
Unique Fabricating is now hiring a Molding Products Engineer.
In this position you can expect to develop and implement manufacturing processes and procedures to ensure labor, materials, equipment usage, and productivity are optimized.
You will report to the Plant Manager. Occasional travel will be required.
• Technical Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or Industrial Technology preferred.
• Prefer 5-10 years of hands-on engineering/technical experience in a multi-process manufacturing operation with a wide array of materials and processes.
• Experience working with polyethylene, polypropylene and foam material preferred.
• Experience with Thermoforming Processes (In-Line and/or Rotary)
• Experience working with vacuum-formed and fusion-molded components would be a plus.
• Experience working with automated processes.
• Robotic Experience is a plus.
• Lean Background
• Must be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of statistical methods, lean manufacturing concepts, and continuous improvement of production efficiency and cost reduction.
• Must have a very strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. • Must be capable of developing clear concise reports and charts to track and present project results or proposals.
• Develop the proper workflow sequence, unit of work time standards, and post-production reporting for all existing and new molded part projects.
• Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
• Verify jobs for accuracy.
• Inspect performance of equipment, machinery, and tooling accuracy.
• Develop product launch time lines and monitor to ensure expedient and efficient launches.
Metrics and Reporting
• Create utilization standards for all machinery and equipment, facilities, and personnel.
• Develop processes and track the results of performance metrics, such as yields, scrap rates, defect percentages, run time, utilization and efficiency.
• Plan/coordinate/direct lean manufacturing processes.
• Participate in the development of estimates and review estimates for all jobs to ensure the most cost efficient processes and materials are being employed.
• Function as the auditor for all change notices to ensure the changes have accurate costs for evaluation.
• Estimate production costs, cost savings methods, and the effects of design changes.
• Ensure that product cost targets are met or bettered.
• Launch programs and drive continuous improvement within Plan (Budget) equipment and tooling budgets.
• Plan and oversee the layout of equipment with lean principals in consideration.
• Participate in designing the layout of equipment, materials and workspace to ensure maximum efficiency.
• Utilize DOE and SPC to ensure processes are running at optimal levels.
Since its inception, Unique Fabricating has always viewed its team of highly skilled and dedicated individuals as the strong foundation that has fueled the company’s growth. We have openings for people seeking exciting career opportunities in the creation of die-cut fabricated components, engineered molded products, and engineered returnable packaging for the automotive industry and other markets. Unique has a strategic footprint in North America with manufacturing facilities in Michigan, Georgia, and Mexico with sales offices in Germany.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please submit your resume and salary requirements.
Unique is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.